Saturday, January 19, 2013

Adjusting to Amman

I have certainly arrived in Jordan, although things are different than I expected.

As cliche as this is going to read, those commodities that we truly take for granted have proven elusive.  Many can be worked around.  Heat -- who needs it?  Just pile on clothes, or wrap in a blanket.  Clean water?  Meh, I'll play $2 for an eight-liter jug.  No worries.

Some things are more difficult to improvise (read: the internet).  Looks like if I want to provide even the occasional blog, I must grow accustomed to the idea that the internet is not at my convenience.  It is not available at my beck and call.  I may have to make a trip to a cafe for the smallest of data packets.

That being said, Jordan promises to be the best four months of my cadet career.  No pressure.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely to Jordan! Since your blog posts will be rare, we'll just imagine your adventures until we hear about them. I'm sure there'll be many a tale to tell!

    ReplyDelete